There is one thing I wish I had known from the start of my business because it is so important to getting new customers and clients hooked on what you have to offer – Customer Journey.
Your customer’s journey is exactly what it sounds like; the path that your customers take from landing on your social media page or website to the final, all important sale. Without analyzing this carefully, it’s likely that you are losing potential buyers in the process.
If you are getting high traffic to your website and your social media pages are growing nicely, but you aren’t getting many buyers in the process, listen closely because this is just for you!
Regardless of whether you are a start-up or have had your business for a few years, if you want to make 2021 your best business year yet then you need to pay attention to your online customer journey!
Simply put, there are 3 things you need to look closely at:
- How visible is your business really? Where can people find you? Does your current visibility suit your business offering?
- If they have found you, what opt-ins are available to them to get them closer to being a buyer? How easy are these opt-ins to find? Are your opt-ins working and if not, why?
- How often are you appearing in some form in their life? Are their other marketing tools you could use to nurture them? Remember that it’s unlikely that seeing you and your business once will convert them into a buyer, it takes time and repetitively showing up (without spamming them).
To help you out, check that you have the following in place:
- An email service provider
- A lead magnet to build your email list/community
- A subscription form
- Automation for new subscriptions
- Graphics to promote your freebie on all social media platforms
- A spot on your website to promote your freebie
It all starts with visual appeal – be sure to check out my free stock photos to ensure you have knockout graphics!
Once you have figured out where you may need to make changes to your customer journey, and have set them up, you then need to test it a few times to ensure it works the way you envisioned it.
The truth is that there are so many other smaller things to factor into your customer journey than what I can share with you in a blog. Having my online business for so many years has taught me so much about what works and what doesn’t!
If you like what you are hearing, want to refresh your outlook and create a beautiful business in 2021, join me and other entrepreneurs in my Beautiful Business in a Box Course. In 90 days, you will go from being overwhelmed and stuck to being confident in sharing your gifts with the world.
In my Beautiful Business in a Box Course, I break down customer journey further, provide email templates, Canva templates, a tripwire and welcome sequence, along with a few extra bonuses and my top tips. Create a beautiful business that you feel confident about and start attracting your dream clients!